By now most of you know our little Baby Jace was born on Friday, April 9, at 1:51 am. My c-section was schedule for April 13th, but my water broke on Thursday ~10pm while I was on the phone with Jeremy (he was at work!). I wasn't totally sure, but after I just kept leaking and leaking and leaking, I decided it was the real thing, otherwise I needed a urology consult! But I wasn't having any contractions...just a LOT of pressure that day, but everyday was a lot of pressure and painful.
Soooooooo, another early morning c-section! But when we arrived, we were SUPER glad our favorite doctor (Tomich) was on call that night, along with our favorite nurse (Linda). So it was perfect. All went well and he came out crying and handsome. I had a rough first few days from morphine and other stuff, but nothing could take away our joy. Bella LOVES baby Jace (dede Jace) and looks for him every morning and asks to hold him a couple of times a day. We couldn't have asked for a better transition for her.
He is a sweet baby and just like his daddy. We call him "squeekers" because he just squeeks every 4 ish hours to say he wants to eat. But the diaper changes are quite the event....and a battle! For the first time in 10 years, I've gotten pee in my mouth and can honestly say I'm struggling with changing a diaper...seriously....how many thousands of diapers have I changed? When the doctor asked how many wet diapers he has in a day, Jeremy responded.."NONE, we can't seem to catch it in the diaper!" He waits until just the right moment, or even if it's covered with another diaper, the little monster (his wee-wee, not him, of course) will find the crack and squirt away!!!!! Good times and great laughs!!!
We did have an eventful day today....our pediatrician called this morning and told us Jace had an abnormal newborn screen and needed some tests today. He has hypothyroidism and we we have an appt next Tuesday with the endocrinologist to discuss the test results (help find out why) and what everything means. In the meantime, we are starting him on medication and just praying for the best case scenario that this is easily fixed with medicine and no other complications. They did tell us today that he does have a thyroid and they did not see any tumors or anything...Praise God. But we are anxiously awaiting the doctor's appt to have all of our questions and concerns answered. So just say a few prayers for our little guy that all is going to be fine.
Enjoy the pics......
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Welcome Baby Jace
Posted by MooreWorld at Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
SO SO SO SO SO stinkin cute!!! congratulations!!!
tiff-- i'm so happy for you!!! Jace is so cute and little Bella is such a big girl--she's amazing!! Congrats!!
love you! stac~
Congrats! I think he looks SO much like his big sis!
so happy for the moore family!! what a cute little boy and adorable big sister. hugs to all! xoxo
Post a Comment