Thursday, June 24, 2010

So much to say...

Lots to update on both munchkins.....

Jace: We had his thyroid labs drawn on Monday and his levels were off again, so we are restarting his thyroid medicine and will check levels in 4 weeks. They also found the results to the antibody test (long story) and unfortunately, the test was normal. Since he had been responding so well to the thyroid medicine, the doctor was thinking he had the transient form of hypothyroidism caused from my antibodies attacking his thyroid. But since the test was normal, I don't know what that means now. Our pediatrician spoke with the endocrinologist and he didn't say much about it....I guess he's a little baffled too. So who knows. We had our neurology appt yesterday and there's not much to report except time will tell. I told him my concerns about some of his movements and especially the right side. He too noticed the right side didn't move as much, but the reflexes were strong and he didn't seem to think there was anything major that would cause it. When I told him my expectation is that he will have a little CP on the right side, he did say that he thinks the chances are low, which is encouraging. But I still don't want to think too much either way, good or bad. He wants to see him in 4 months and by then he thinks we will know more about his movements and tone. If we continue to see a noticeable difference in the right side, we will get an MRI of his right side. And we won't be getting another EEG unless he has noticeable increase in rhythmic patterns (he occassionally has brief periods of rhythmic movements). So, again, time will tell.

Bella: Big stuff these days. We started speech therapy on Monday and we'll start swim lessons next Tuesday! But here's the classic potty training story: Bella does really good with her potties when she doesn't have on the pull-ups! So she had lots of good potties and lots of stickers, so we decided she could get her dora trike. The 2 days before we went to get it, she wore pull-ups a lot b/c we were out and about and well, I didn't want to deal with accidents in public! So the day we went to Target, I took off her pull-ups again. On the way to Target to get the trike for the kid who was doing so good with potty-training, I said to Jeremy, "wouldn't it be classic if she peed her pants in Target while getting her a trike for being potty-trained?" Do I need to finish the story? Really? "CLEAN UP ON AISLE 3"!!!!! That's my girl! And then she started to splash and play in it...right in the middle of the store!!! Ya know, she could care less if she's potty trained! She can totally do it, in fact, she's usually dry in the mornings too. But if she has those darn pull-ups on, she would rather be wet and keep playing then go potty. Oh well, at the end of the day, I guess that's what I deserve for being the one to decide when she was going to be potty-trained until waiting for her to make that decision. But I'm starting to wonder....maybe she would've gone to kindergarden in diapers! She wouldn't care!!!!! :)
2 different bells! Wowwy!
Can't quite get the concept of pedaling...
Mommy showing Bella how it's done..
Bella showing baby how it's done!
Jace "Watching" sissy ride her trike...NOT impressed!

0 comments: